Five Step Formula for Setting and Achieving Goals
“Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds” – Napoleon Hill
Goal Setting Success in Just 5 Steps
1. Visualize or dream about what you want. Write down all the ideas that you come up with during this exercise. Be sure not to use any judgment criteria at this stage. Just think as if there are no limits to what you can do. Use the old rule, “If you knew that you couldn’t fail, what would you do?”
2. Get specific by setting goals. Your goals should be as detailed as possible. The real power in your goals comes from seeing them clearly. Here are three techniques:
a) Write your goals down on paper. The act of writing your goals reinforces them in your sub-conscious mind as well as on the paper.
b) Prepare a vision board which will help cement your goals with a strong visual presentation of what you want.
c) Make a vision book with pictures, writing, drawings, mementos, etc. Use a scrap book or photo album and fill it with your goals using anything to make a stronger impact on your mind.
3. Set a detailed plan for accomplishing your goals. The plan should have three parts to it: One Year Goals, Five Year Goals and Ten Year Goals. Each section should contain detailed objectives with a deadline for each one.
4. Take ACTION. A goal without action is just a dream that is not going to come true. Procrastination is the biggest problem at this stage. Be sure to take action immediately and don’t stop for anything.
5. Spend at least one hour every day working towards your goal. You will be amazed by how much you can accomplish in one month or one year when you spend one hour a day working towards your goals.
This is an excerpt from my book Attitude Determines Destiny available on Amazon.com
Bruce is a motivational speaker and conducts seminars and workshops
Contact him for your next event